Thursday, October 25, 2007

fast food vanilla milkshake analysis

Ever find yourself on a road trip craving a vanilla milkshake? A GOOD vanilla milkshake?
Sometimes, I’ll find myself driving somewhere – to visit a friend, to tour a new town, or ohhhh, let’s say (hypothetically, of course) to go to jail for a couple of hours – and I am craving a good old-fashioned vanilla milkshake.
But I’m torn. Where do I go that is quick, makes quality shakes, and doesn’t leave me grabbing for Tums?
On a recent road trip, my mom and I set out to answer this question. We made it our mission to find the best darned vanilla milkshake that fast food establishments could offer. And succeed we did!







Here’s a summary of our findings:
But if you don't want to read any further...just know that Wendy's is where it's at! (photo middle left)
McDonalds: descent. yellow in color. goes down well. tastes great. but the milk mixture coats your mouth a little too aggressively and lingers a little too long. it also stays in your stomach for hours after ingestion.
Checkers: second best. very large sugar granules but the vanilla intensity blows your socks off. it tastes like pudding. and who doesn't like pudding?
Hardee’s: the most expensive at $3.30 and also the most artificial tasting. To make this shake the employee adds ice cream, vanilla syrup and cream to a cup, blends in a ‘Mix n’ Chill’ then tops with plastic-Cool-Whip-tasting whipped cream (yuck). This shake is too much. thus, I cannot give it the star that this fast food chain boasts.
Wendy's: yum. all around yum. and if plain vanilla isn't enough...add some oreos:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People should read this.